Basically the most widely used way to cast your iPhone onto a TV is using an Apple TV. However, if you don’t want to spend too much time on projecting your iPhone’s activity on a bigger TV screen, then it would be a concern. It’s a good thing that some third party developers came up with applications that can actually help you mirror iPhone to TV without Apple TV. Without further ado, let’s see how they work.
How to mirror iPhone to TV without Apple TV
One of the most preferred methods that we can also use to project our iPhone’s screen activity onto a regular smart TV is through an app called AirBeamTV. With this tool you will be able to cast any iOS device that you have onto a TV without requiring an additional gadget or purchasing a luxurious Apple TV. This tool enables you to start streaming your videos, gameplay, movie, etc on a wider screen from your own comfort. However, your device must be compatible with this program so that you can use it successfully. And if you are to mirror iPhone to Samsung TV without Apple TV, your television must be manufactured in 2012 or after.
To use this application, here is the guide that you need to refer to.
- In the first place, get this iPhone casting device from the iTunes or AppStore and install it on your iPhone.
- After that, you can begin to enable your iOS 11 screen recording function. It’s supposed to be located at the control center. However, if it’s does not appear on the control center then you need to activate it from your Settings by yourself.
- The next step is to open AirBeamTV, and it will immediately search for your smart TV. When your “smart TV” is detected simply tap it to start connecting your iPhone onto your TV.
- You must enable the notifications to be shown on your iPhone/iPad for this tool as well, so that you’ll know whether your TV is working. (The developer assures that no spamming is involved which implies the safety of the process).
- Now to start mirroring, swipe-up till you see the control center and then tap the Screen Recording button for 5 seconds.
- Another widow will then appear, from here select “Mirror Samsung TV” in case that you have a Samsung Smart TV to directly display your iPhone/iPad activities on your TV.
- It is cheaper than getting an additional gadget or buying an Apple TV for screen mirroring.
- It has a simple and straightforward user interface.
- It can mirror your iOS screen activity with good quality.
- There’s an issue with its audio casting.
- If you need to cast audio, you must play the program first before connecting the app.
- Programs that are under DRM (Digital Rights Management) will not be projected instead their projection will just result into a black screen.
The next way to mirror iPhone to smart TV without Apple TV is by utilizing an application which is called AllCast. As the name itself suggests it, this tool provides screen casting from a certain mobile device onto a larger screen such as a TV. This app was first made available for Android devices and luckily it is now also available for iOS devices including iPhone and iPad. Aside from casting your iPhone into a Smart TV, this tool also works on other devices that support casting functions like Chromecast, Amazon TV, X-box, and the likes. Browsing through the gallery of your captured pictures from your device on a bigger screen brings satisfaction and comfort, which makes this app a must-try one.
Here are the steps for you to mirror iPhone to an ordinary smart TV.
- Download and install AllCast from AppStore. Next is to open your smart television.
- Open this program and allow it to access your photos or music which the window pops up to enable them.
- Now you can begin mirroring your device by hitting the cast icon located at the lower part of your screen. From here, you can look for name of your TV and tap it to establish a connection.
- The tool will then automatically lead you to your stored photos and videos. To start steaming, simply tap a picture or video and then it will appear directly on your TV.
- It works on other devices with casting function.
- It has a simple interface and it’s very easy to use.
- It can only cast photos and videos from your photo gallery.
- You will experience pop-up advertisements every now and then unless you purchase its premium version.
Above are the best ways on how to mirror iPhone to TV without Apple TV. As mirroring would not be an issue if anyone had an Apple TV, but most smart TVs don’t have a built-in function such as this, therefore the best thing that you can do is to follow the methods shown above. If you have known other ways on how to cast your iPhone to a Smart TV even without Apple TV, please feel free to share them on the comments box below. Thanks a lot!