As technology develops in fast pace, screen capture tools have been more and more powerful and useful. With a screen recorder, information has been conveyed faster and life has been more effective. When you want to show some important contents or display some features of software, it is very wise to create an instructive video instead of arduous explanation. Many a computer screen recorder is available but it is hard to find one which is really appropriate for your use. Hence, here I will recommend a couple of screen recorders which are thought highly of among users.
Favorable Applications for Screen Capture
ShowMore is a web-based application newly published for video recording and sharing. Young but vigorous like a rising star, it works perfectly and allows you to record computer screen directly no matter you are using PC or Mac. Without time-consuming registration or purchase, you can use it totally free. Besides recording any part of screen, you can add audio resource including system sound and microphone. Webcam is well supported and you can add various marks, arrows, also texts together to your video when recording. Video can be saved into different formats even a GIF. Moreover, you can upload your works to many interesting websites such as ShowMore and YouTube. Just follow the steps below and you will learn how to use it.
- Go to ShowMore.com and click the “Start Recording” button to activate this free screen recorder. (If this is your first time visit, it will ask you to download a launcher to activate it normally.) Just download and install it, then click “Start Recording” again.
- Next, the program will be launched. Open options menu and preset some settings just like hotkeys and mouse click animation as you prefer. And choose one audio input like system sound.
- After that, drag the window and customize a specific area for recording. Full screen and special size for devices are all optional.
- Press “REC” to start recording. During PC screen recording, you are free to edit your video with multiple marks.
- When it’s time to finish recording, you can click blue pause button to stop and choose to save file or not.
- Before publishing, you can choose to save as video format or GIF. Then the recorded video will be stored in the selected folder.
If you are seeking for a professional program which can be used offline, Apowersoft Screen Recorder Pro shall be fit for you. Besides containing all features of ShowMore, it also adds many extra functions like iOS recorder, video editor, video converter as well as task scheduler. With this integrated program, you will make screen recording more convenient and interesting.
Screencast-O-Matic is a handy program widely used for recording PC screen. It supports recording screen as well as webcam. You can choose to customize the area or just record the whole screen. With the free version, you can only record screen with microphone sound. And it allows users to record video clips for no more than 15 minutes. Video will come out in good quality with watermark showing at the left bottom corner. Since it is capable of running smoothly on both Windows and Mac OS, many users will choose it but utilize a paid version for recording screen without time limits or watermarks.
When it comes to Jing, most experienced users are quite familiar with this computer screen recorder. Its unique sun-like icon design has impressed many people. It is also available on different platforms including Windows and Mac. Before using it, you will need to create a user account so that you can continue. Recording steps are quite simple, just select the recording area and start capturing. But it only records sound from microphone and recording time is no longer than 5 minutes. Besides recording screen, it is capable of taking a screenshot as well. In fact, it is suitable for creating a basic tutorial video but if you are seeking for more options, you will need to buy other tools developed by TechSmith like Snagit or Camtasia.
All mentioned above are eligible tools for you to record computer screen for free. Operation is quite easy, even for a newbie. Just a few clicks and you can make a unique video and share with your friends. With a comparison of all three, I think ShowMore shall be the best screen recorder, for there are no limits for recording time and any watermark added to the recorded video. It is a really trustable tool that you can utilize freely.