FaceTime is a program that offers free video and audio calls to all Mac and iOS users. Currently, it is considered as one of the programs mostly used across the globe, for its efficiency and unlimited call time. Moreover, users are able to add the camera to their devices and make happy video calls. However, FaceTime does not have a built-in screen recording function to capture unforgettable moments during a video call conversation. With this concern, many users are seeking for an effective way on how to record FaceTime on their Mac or iOS devices. To find a solution, there are many different ways that you can find online, but for a more efficient way, simply read through the rest of the post.
How to Record FaceTime Video Call on Mac
In recording your favorite FaceTime conversation on Mac OS X, the best way to do it is by utilizing Apowersoft Mac Screen Recorder. This is a screen recording app created solely for Mac devices, which will make you feel like the same as the default programs. In using this tool, users can record anything they want from their Mac screen including online videos, gameplays, and video calls just like FaceTime conversation. Aside from recording special area and full screen, this tool also enables recording of webcam feeds, which is perfect for doing commentaries. Audio input from system and microphone are both optional. Moreover, this app also has an embedded annotating tool that will help you add various marks like arrows, lines, shapes, etc.
To know how to record FaceTime calls with this program, simply follow these steps.
- Download and install the app by hitting the button below.
- Go to “Options” and configure the video/audio settings, and hotkeys that you prefer.
- Open your FaceTime app and start a video call, then get ready for recording.
- Drop down “Record” menu on the program and select a recording mode such as “Region”, and then set the recording frame along the area that you want to record and click “Ok”. The recording will then begin instantly.
- When you’re done with the conversation, click “Stop”, and your recorded video will pop up instantly and will be saved to the selected folder.
Moreover, this screen recorder also has added useful features to make our task easier. It can not only record a video automatically by using task scheduler but also change the video to other formats with the help of its built-in converter. This is indeed an integrated application highly recommended by users.
Efficient Ways to Record FaceTime on iPhone & iPad
1. Apowersoft iPhone/iPad Recorder
If you prefer to make video calls through an iOS device, then Apowersoft iPhone/iPad Recorder is what you are exactly looking for. By using this recorder every user can record FaceTime on iPhone conversation without a need to hack or tweak the device. As long as your iPhone or iPad connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your PC does, they two can get connected wirelessly. Aside from recording, this tool also has a screen capture function in case you want to grab an image instead of a video. There are all 7 video formats free to use and you can even save your video as a GIF format.
To record FaceTime session with this tool, here are the detailed steps.
- Install the app by hitting the button below.
- Once installed, launch the program on your PC and preset the settings like output format as well as audio input.
- Connect your iOS device to the program by activating “AirPlay”. Just follow the instructions shown at the pop up window.
- Next, open your FaceTime and call someone that you like to talk to.
- To begin the recording, simply hit the “Record” button and the recording will start automatically.
- End the recording by clicking the “Stop” button and the recorded video will be stored in the designated folder.
Note: To make your friends/relatives hear your voice when recording video chat, you need to speak via the earphone connected to your iPhone/iPad. And if you want to successfully record sound from both parties during a FaceTime call, you have to speak via the microphone connected your computer.
Another way that you can use to record you FaceTime conversation is by using iRec. This is a free application that you can get from its official site, which enables user to record screen without jailbreaking their iOS devices. But user needs to prepare a computer and meanwhile installs several third-party apps. To record screen with this app, here are the detailed steps.
- Navigate to its official site and access the tool by first downloading IPA file.
- Access another third party app named Cydia Impactor on your PC and launch it on desktop. Next, connect iPhone/iPad with computer by using lightning cable.
- Drag the .ipa file to Cydia Impactor interface and there will pop up a windows asking you to sign in iTunes.
- Before you use, you will need to go to settings menu and trust the app by yourself. Then iRec can be installed on your device and you can start recording immediately.
- To end the recording, just click “Stop Recording” from the tool’s interface and you’re done. The recorded file will then be included under “Recordings”.
However, its red recording bar will appear on the top of video obviously and cannot be removed, which is not convenient for a video recording. And complicated preparation can take a long time.
Those are the ways on how to record FaceTime on iPhone, iPad, and MacBook. All of them work well and you can choose the suitable tool according to your own need. For Mac users, the screen recorder mentioned above shall be a handy program. And if you want to record screen on your iOS devices, Apowersoft iPhone/iPad Recorder is also considered as the better choice for it conducts your screen recordings smoothly together with more wonderful features.