FaceTime is a program that offers free video and audio calls to all Mac and iOS users. Currently, it is considered as one of the programs most used across the globe, for its efficiency and unlimited call time. Moreover, users are able to add the camera to their devices and make happy video calls. However, FaceTime does not have a built-in screen recording function to capture unforgettable moments during a video call conversation. With this concern, many users are seeking for an effective way on how to record FaceTime on their Mac or iOS devices. To find a solution, there are many different ways that you can find online, but in a more efficient way, simply read through the rest of the post.
How to Record FaceTime Video Call on Mac
In recording your favorite FaceTime conversation on Mac OS X, the best way to do it is by utilizing Apowersoft Mac Screen Recorder. This is a screen recording app created solely for Mac devices, which will make you feel like the same as the default programs. In using this tool, users can record anything they want from their Mac screen including online videos, gameplay, and video calls just like FaceTime conversation. Aside from recording special area and full screen, this tool also enables recording of webcam feeds, which is perfect for doing commentaries. Audio input from system and microphone are both optional. Moreover, this app also has an embedded annotating tool that will help you add various marks like arrows, lines, shapes, etc.
To know how to record FaceTime calls with this program, simply follow these steps.
- Download and install the app by hitting the button below.
- Go to “Options” and configure the video/audio settings, and hotkeys that you prefer.
- Open your FaceTime app and start a video call, then get ready for recording.
- Drop down “Record” menu on the program and select a recording mode such as “Region”, and then set the recording frame along the area that you want to record and click “Ok”. The recording will then begin instantly.
- When you’re done with the conversation, click “Stop”, and your recorded video will pop up instantly and will be saved to the selected folder.
Moreover, this screen recorder also has added useful features to make our task easier. It can not only record a video automatically by using task scheduler but also change the video to other formats with the help of its built-in converter. This is indeed an integrated application highly recommended by users.
Efficient Ways to Record FaceTime on iPhone & iPad
1. QuickTime Player
If you prefer to make video calls through an iOS device, then QuickTime Player will be your best choice if you have a Mac computer. It is a free and native application available on Mac, which enables you to record screen without jailbreaking your iOS devices. To record FaceTime calls with this app, here are the detailed steps.
- Connect your iOS device to Mac via a USB cable, and tap on “Trust” on your device to ensure a successful connection.
- Launch QuickTime Player on your Mac.
- Click on “File” > “New Movie Recording” or use the shortcut you’ve set to start recording.
- Hit the drop-down button beside the red camera-recording button, and select your iOS device, then the screen of your iOS device will be mirrored to Mac immediately.
- Make a FaceTime call on your iOS device, and click on the red recorder button on QuickTime Player. Then any activity you do on your iOS device will be recorded.
- Once you finish recording the FaceTime call, just click on the stop button, and you can check it immediately and save it to a folder on your Mac.
2. iPhone/iPad Recorder
If you don’t have a Mac, you can record FaceTime calls on Windows PC with Apowersoft iPhone/iPad Recorder. By using this recorder, you can record FaceTime on iPhone without a need to hack or tweak the device. As long as you have your iPhone/iPad and your Windows PC connected to the same WiFi network, they two can get connected wirelessly. Aside from recording, this tool also has a screen capture function in case you want to grab an image instead of a video. There are all 7 video formats free to use and you can even save your video as a GIF format.
To record FaceTime session with this tool, here are the detailed steps.
- Install the app by hitting the button below.
- Once installed, launch the program on your PC and preset the settings like output format as well as audio input.
- Connect your iOS device to the program by activating “AirPlay Mirroring” or “Screen Mirroring”. Just follow the instructions shown at the pop up window.
- Next, open your FaceTime and call someone that you like to talk to.
- To begin the recording, simply hit the “Record” button and the recording will start automatically.
- End the recording by clicking the “Stop” button and the recorded video will be stored in the designated folder.
Note: To make your friends/relatives hear your voice when recording video chat, you need to speak via the earphone connected to your iPhone/iPad. And if you want to successfully record sound from both parties during a FaceTime call, you have to speak via the microphone connected your computer.
Those are the ways on how to record FaceTime on iPhone, iPad, MacBook and Windows PC. All of them work well and you can choose the suitable tool according to your own need. For Mac users, the screen recorder mentioned above shall be a handy program. And if you want to record screen on your iOS devices, you can use QuickTime Player or iPhone/iPad Recorder based on your needs and your computer system.