There are many reasons that one sees the need to burn music CD. For some, this enables them to free up valuable disk space on their computers while others want to get a copy of their MP3 files that can later serve as a backup in case of data loss. Equally, if you are a music enthusiast, this is a great way to share your music to friends, families, or even recording companies through sample CD demos. Whatever your reason is, it’s actually simple to burn MP3 files to CD. It doesn’t matter whether you are a Windows or Mac user because there are reliable programs available out there that can help you do the task fast and easy. Read this article and discover more about these tools.
Practical Ways to Burn MP3 to Audio CD
Commonly, many of us still bear with the traditional way of burning audio CDs – none other than through the use Windows Media Player. However, this method is so obsolete and the writing speed is not that stable. Luckily there are great alternatives available, check them out below.
1. Streaming Audio Recorder
Streaming Audio Recorder is a powerful tool that can record streaming MP3s, live radio feeds, audio chats and many more. It can equally tag ID3 automatically as well as convert audio files into different formats. But don’t get fool with its name because the program also can likewise burn MP3 to CD without any hassle. With its simple user interface, no fuss installation and Windows 10 compatibility, using this tool to burn MP3 files is relatively easy.
- Install the program on your computer.
- Insert a blank CD into your PC.
- Click “Tools” menu from the main interface and from the dropdown menu, select “CD Burner”.
- In the pop-up windows, import the MP3 files that you wish to burn by clicking the “Add” button.
- Choose the appropriate CD burning mode, either “Audio CD” or “Data CD”. Generally, people will choose audio CD since it can be played on CD/DVD player, computer, cars smoothly. But data CD is just for storing music and other documents.
- Click “Start” to begin the process. Once done, a notification message will appear saying that the CD has been successfully burned.
What makes Streaming Audio Recorder different from other programs is that it comes complete with its ability to record and download MP3s. With it, you can record any audio on your site and computer. Besides, it allows you to search and download your wanted songs easily. Perfect for collectors and music enthusiasts, this tool can perform save and burn music in one-stop way.
2. BurnAware Free
Another program that you can try is the BurnAware Free. From the name itself, this is a free MP3 CD burner that can burn not just audio files but data as well including but not limited to photos, archives, documents, videos, movies and many more. You can also use it to create bootable CDs, DVDs, ISO images, etc. There are different versions available but the free version is enough if you only need basic CD burning features.
- After downloading and installing the program on your PC, a launch window will appear.
- Select the type of project you want to carry out, either create a data CD or MP3 CD.
- Click “Add Files” button, browse your music folder and add files into it. You can also “Drag and Drop” files for convenience.
- When everything is set, click “Burn” and wait until the process completes.
Although this tool can help you burn audio CDs without spending a dime on your pocket, note that the free version of BurnAware comes with a bundled program called “OpenCandy” installer. If you don’t want this and the usual ads, the PRO version might fancy your desires.
For Mac users, no need to install additional programs as the iTunes itself is capable enough to manage songs and burn MP3 files to CD. It is suggest to download the latest version of iTunes since it is easier to operate. Now, refer to the following steps to get started.
- Open iTunes, click the icon on the left corner on the interface.
- Choose “New” – “New playlist” from the menu, create a playlist and name it by clicking the highlighted text. Add songs to your playlist by dragging and dropping files from your library.
- Insert a blank CD and let the program recognize the CD.
- Right-click on the playlist name and hit the “Burn Playlist to Disc” option from the list of menu.
- Adjust the speed, gap between songs and CD type as you like, then hit “Burn” icon.
When it is done, you will see a reminder, then you can enjoy music with CD smoothly.
Related Knowledge: Common CD Types and Definitions
CD-R – Compact Disc Recordable
You can use this to burn MP3 to CD or write any data you want until the full capacity of the CD is totally consumed. Once fully consumed, you cannot write on it anymore and you cannot physically delete written data files as well.
CD-RW – Compact Disc Rewritable
It functions just like CD-R which means you can write any type of data into it but the main difference is that CD-RW allows you to delete written files from the CD. You can even erase everything and use the CD over and over again until it is past its life.