How about recording voice chats with your loved ones so you could play it over and over again? Need to remember special instructions from the VoIP call of your boss? Or better yet record a whole voice meeting with your colleagues so you wouldn’t miss any vital information or data? And for wannabe singers, nothing can be more enjoyable than recording your own voice singing your favorite song. These are just some of the reasons that why voice recorders are popular right now.
With a voice recording program, you can record just about anything playing from your mic and PC. May it be voice chats, calls, narrations, the tool gives you an option to capture and save voice directly on your PC. However, not all programs perform the same. Curious about which amongst them functions the best? Check out this article and learn more.
Efficient Free Voice Recorders Worth it to Try
1. Apowersoft Free Online Audio Recorder
If you’re looking for a free yet powerful tool that can record any voice you can hear, then the Apowersoft Free Online Audio Recorder wouldn’t disappoint you. This web-based application needs not to be installed on your computer and it comes absolutely free with no limitations, registrations or even sign-ups required. With it, you can record high quality audio both from your sound card or external sources such as microphone.
This online voice recorder is very easy to use, following are the instructions:
- Make sure that you are connected on the Internet, open the recorder’s page on any browser.
- Click the “Start Recording” button and select the audio source as “Microphone” or “System Sound and Microphone”.
- Please note that you will be required to install the launcher if you’re using the app for the first time.
- Prepare the audio that you want to record.
- When everything is set, click the red “Start” button and begin to record voice. Later, hit “Stop” when done.
- Navigate to library if you want to edit or playback the recorded audio.
Pros: Unlimited and restriction-free recording, compatible with Windows and Mac.
Cons: Only allows to output audio in MP3.
Another tool that can record voice online is RecordMP3Online. Aside from the ability to grab audios through your mic, this app equally allows saving of files into MP3 format. Additionally, users can upload the recorded file directly to their Dropbox account. The tool is also available for smartphone and tablet users.
- First make sure that you have the latest version of flash installed on your PC.
- Click “Allow” in the flash player box and you will see the voice recorder.
- Click “Record” to start the process and “Stop” to end the recording.
- Then a MP3 player will load together with a download button.
- Hit the “Download” button to save the file on your PC.
Pros: Equipped with advanced settings like audio gain and echo suppression.
Cons: Stability is compromised when recording long audio.
Speakpipe is another web-based voice recording program comes fully compatible with Windows, Android and iOS devices. It also needs Adobe Flash Player, so make sure you have one already installed on your computer before trying to use the app.
- Connect your microphone to PC, then click the “Start recording” button.
- Select “Allow” when a flash player notification pops up.
- The recording starts immediately, you can speak with the mic now. If you wish to end, simply click “Stop” icon.
- Save the file on Speakpipe’s server then an email will be sent to you containing the downloadable link of the recorded audio.
Pros: Provide the download link for recorded voice which is efficient for later utilization.
Cons: The processing speed is rather slow.
4. Toolster Voice Recorder
With the ability to record voice via webcam or microphone, Toolster Voice Recorder is a cool online voice recorder that worth to try. Except of recording audio, users are supported to edit the file as well as download it to MP3 format. Like most of online tools, it is very easy to handle. First, load the application by opening its webpage. Prepare the audio that needs to grabbed, then enable the flash by following the reminder on the page. Next, click the red round button to start and end recording. Finally, edit the file if needed then download it to your hard drive.
Pros: Comes with simple and easy-to-use interface.
Cons: It doesn’t function well when running on IE and Safari.
AudioPal is capable of capturing voice via phone or microphone. It comes with extra features such as using multi-lingual TTS and uploading your own audio message that can be sent to someone. Though it offers several ways to record voice, the most popular one is “Record by Mic”.
- Click the third tab “Record by Mic”, choose “Allow” when a notification message pops up.
- Hit “Record” button, remember the maximum recording duration is 60 seconds.
- Preview the recording and enter your email address into the provided box.
- Get the recorded file by opening the link in the mail.
Pros: The app supports recording via phone as well as text-to-speech.
Cons: Not so understandable for new users.
There are many free voice recorders out there with each of them having unique functionalities. When choosing an app, make sure that it can perform what you need. And, select the one which wouldn’t require you to undergo complicated instructions nor difficult set-ups.