Ever since its released on August 2003, Skype quickly rose to fame for its ability to connect people on all parts of the world. Developed by Skype Technologies, this online-based communication tool allows users to converse with one another wirelessly by simply installing the app. With it, users can easily exchange chat messages, send voice mails, set-up mini discussions, do video conversations and perform voice calls in real time.
Popular to businessmen, executives, parents and even to normal users, voice call is probably the most used mode of communication in Skype. It works just like a normal landline so it’s easier to converse with someone even if that person is located halfway round the globe. Due to its convenience and tons of advantages, some people opt to record Skype voice calls. Whether you want to save an important conversation, take note of special instructions, or to simply archive a chat with your loved ones, it’s very easy to proceed recording job.
Awesome Ways to Record Skype Audio
1. Apowersoft Free Online Audio Recorder
One application that you can use to easily record voice calls on Skype is the Apowersoft Free Online Audio Recorder. It is an online-based app that needs not to be installed on your computer. This application can record any sound playing from your PC. As long as you can hear it, it can grab it. Aside from the ability to record both system sound and voice from external sources like microphone, the recorder is 100% free to use with no registrations or even memberships required.
To record voice on Skype using this program, you need to refer to the guides below:
- Visit the website and on the main interface, click the “Start Recording” button and select the appropriate audio source which should be “System Sound and Microphone”.
- If this is your first time to use this app, you will be required to install the launcher first. But this is only a one-time installation and succeeding usage won’t require this anymore.
- Log-in to Skype and start the conversation as usual, when you’re ready to record, click the red “Record” button.
- Click “Stop” to end recording and then click the “Menu” icon on the lower right corner to check the recorded Skype audio.
- You can then play the file, edit the track and open the audio folder on your PC if you want.
2. Streaming Audio Recorder
Another great Skype voice recorder worth to try is Streaming Audio Recorder. Unlike the first app, this one is a desktop program that needs to be installed on your computer. It can record streaming audio from your PC as well as audio chats effortlessly. Additionally, you can use it to grab audio from radio stations, extract music from videos, and many more. What makes this program attractive is that it supports tons of output audio formats and you can use the same tool to convert audio into device-compatible formats.
- Download and install the software on your computer.
- Open the program and click “Settings”.
- Click “Record settings” then choose “Both System Sound and Microphone” as the audio source.
- Start Skype when you’re ready to record the voice call. Switch to main interface of Streaming Audio Recorder, hit the “Record” icon on the bottom and start to record Skype audio. Then, hit “Resume” or “Stop” to control the recording task.
- After recording, you can play the file, edit it out and convert it to other formats at will.
In addition, this software has an “Add to iTunes” function so you can conveniently transfer files from your PC to your iTunes. Thus, it is easy to save the Skype conversations to iPad or iPhone. You could listen to the message on the go and share with your partners efficiently.
3. MP3 Skype Recorder
MP3 Skype Recorder is yet another tool that you can use to record chats on Skype. This program similarly comes free with no limitations for private and non-commercial use. It supports both Skype Mobile and Skype Desktop while it can be easily integrated with Skype conference calls. It features automatic as well as manual recording. Besides, it can track simultaneous calls with an option to save them separately.
This Skype voice recorder needs to be installed on your computer. But before installing it, you should be able to meet the program’s system requirements like Windows OS 8, 7, NET Framework 4 or later. It is a pity that Windows 10 users cannot use it due to the compatibility issue. Once installed, the program sits on the system tray to monitor Skype calls. Furthermore, the program is very simple to use with almost no fine tuning required right after installation.
There are many ways on how to record voice on Skype, to better help you decide which program suits your needs best, check out this comparison table after the jump.
|Apowersoft Free Online Audio Recorder||Streaming Audio Recorder||MP3 Skype Recorder|
|Audio Quality||Basic||HD, Advanced, Basic||Basic|
|Cons||Need internet connection||Free for a limited time||Exclusive to record Skype audio only|