When it comes to the tool for screen displaying, many users will come up with Airserver at first. Exactly, Airserver has been widely used as a program which can project the screen from your iOS as well as Android device to the PC monitor. As a result of that, people always utilize Airserver for making tutorials and teach lessons, creating games clips for entertainment as well as present information with a larger screen.
However, there are some cases in which the performance of it can be influenced by various factors and fail to work normally. Thus, here I would like to introduce several common cases of Airserver not working issue and also give other workable suggestions.
Some users always complain that it cannot detect the computer via AirPlay or the connection will drop frequently when they are using Airserver to display iPhone/iPad screen. Other people may find that there can be video lags or audio jitters while using.
In these cases, you may need to check the network status first and keep your portable device connected to computer by the same Wi-Fi network. Another way is that you can download the Airserver Connect app from the App Store. This will help your iDevices discover and connect the computer receiver much easier and steadily. And you are also recommended to utilize other desktop programs for screen mirroring.
Trustable Alternatives to Airserver
1. Apowersoft iPhone/iPad Recorder
If you are seeking for a program acting as an Airserver alternative, Apowersoft iPhopne/iPad Recorder shall be your great choice. It applies AirPlay technique and performs excellence in streaming screen video from iPhone/iPad to PC or Mac. Besides, you can project the image along with the sound to the computer without any loss while using an app or playing a game. Users are free to choose to record video in 720p or 1080p, and there are 7 optional output formats including MP4, WMV, AVI, etc. To know how to handle the program, just follow the steps below.
- Press the download button below and install the program on your computer. And launch it on desktop and you can see the interface popping out.
- Go to options item and preset the settings as you prefer such as video resolution and output formats.
- Next, ensure the network status going well and set your iPhone/iPad and computer connected to the same Wi-Fi environment.
- Open up the control center of your iOS device and press on “AirPlay” tab. Find an item showing your PC name and tap it. Meanwhile turn on the “Mirror” option.
- Once done, you are able to project what you want from iPhone/iPad to PC instantly and enjoy better visual experience.
- If you want to record your fancy video clip, simply click on the red recording button at the top of interface’s toolbar and it will start capturing the screen soon.
- When to finish recording, click the stop button at the same location and video will be published in the designated folder.
What makes it different from other similar programs is that, it also allows users to capture not just a HD video but also great number of images in good quality, which is greatly convenient for sharing with friends.
2. Reflector 2
Another alternative to Airserver that you can make use of is Reflector. By using this tool, you can get wireless connection between iOS devices and computer. Everything from your phone or tablet can be shown synchronously on the computer screen. And you do not need to install other assistant programs. It now can work on the devices of iOS 9. One thing meriting attention is that it supports broadcasting function which enables you to stream iPhone/iPad screen to YouTube and save it as a video in real time. Here are the steps on how it works.
- Go to its webpage first, then download and install the Reflector 2 on your PC or Mac.
- Activate the program on your desktop. After that, set your device to connect the same Wi-Fi network as the computer does.
- Then you can swipe from the bottom of your phone or pad, when the “AirPlay” item shows up, just press on it.
- On seeing the tab named with your device, tap it and switch the toggle of “Mirroring” from off to on. Then you will be able to mirror your screen activity to the PC monitor instantly and steadily.
Hence, when Airserver cannot satisfy the needs of mirroring smoothly, it is highly recommended to seek the help of the two Airserver alternatives. And personally speaking, it is better for you to choose Apowersoft iPhone/iPad Recorder for its unique function of taking snapshot as well as absolute safety and stability.