League of Legends is one of the most popular online multiplayer battle arena games of today, which is known by many people as LOL. This is a team game that aims to destroy the opponent team’s “Nexus” that serves as the heart of their base. Many game enthusiasts got hooked to play this game, and many of them record LOL games and share their gameplay achievements and tutorials on video hosting sites and other social media page to gain popularity, help their friends, or earn money. If you’re a LOL gamer and want to share your own gameplay for whatever reason, then here are the most feasible ways that you can use in order to capture your LOL gameplay. Learn them as we go along in this post.
Top 3 ways to record LOL games
Use the built-in replay and recorder
The first way to record League of Legends is by utilizing the built-in replay function, which is also available to download separately. You can find this replay button every time your match ended and it’s up to you whether you’re going to watch it or not. This is the easiest way to capture your LOL gameplay since it does not requires additional device or software for it to work.
Here are the steps to record a LOL scene with this built-in tool.
- To record a gameplay, simply play a game session and wait till your match ends.
- After that, click the Download button located at the upper right portion of the screen besides “Advanced Options”.
- Wait for a moment and the recorded gameplay will be stored on your hard drive under the “League of Legends Highlights”.
If you’re looking for another way on how to record League of Legends, then a mentionable third party application that you can use is called Fraps. This is a well-known game recording application that utilizes a frame rate counting for a better gameplay recording. Fraps is available in two versions, the free and the pro versions. However, the free version leaves a watermark in every recording that’s why many users are shifting to use the pro version. Despite its effectiveness, there are still some users who claim that this tool affects the actual gameplay, but anyway it’s still a great tool to be used.
Here’s how to record a LOL gameplay with this tool.
- Open the application and set a hotkey that you want to trigger the recording and another one to stop the recording. You can also make some settings like video capture, audio input, etc.
- Afterwards, open your LOL account and play the game at your will.
- To begin the recording, simply hit the hotkey that you selected to start the recording and then hit the hotkey to end the recording once you’re done.
Use Elgato Game Capture HD
Whenever you’re looking for an actual device to record League of Legends gameplay, you can consider using Elgato. This is a screen recording device that is capable of recording any gameplay that the user has done on the LOL game scene. With this tool, gamers can get a crisper screen recording and it can also be used to stream your gameplay. It’s indeed a good device but it will cost you a little bit, plus you need to set up the device first prior recording.
To capture a gameplay, here’s how.
- Connect your Elgato device to your computer. After that, go and play LOL as you normally do.
- Before you start to record the gameplay, please make sure you can see the video clearly while you are in “Capture” mode. And to start the recording, simply hit the “Big Red” recording button located at the lower right portion of the window.
- To end the recording, just click the “Record” button.
- If you wish to manage or edit your completed recordings, you can do it so by entering the “Edit” mode.
Now you can save your own LOL gameplay recordings easily via using the methods shown above. The built-in replay function in LOL is great for those who want an easy access. However, in case you want to produce vivid HD gameplay recordings, then Elgato is the device that you might want to try. Or if you don’t mind the watermark added in the recorded video and 30 second recording limitation, you may try Fraps for free.