Apple has just released its new iOS 12, which brought huge influences to iPhone users. Now you can get quick access to Siri and Camera, enjoy more fun in sending messages, and discover more about AR Kit and some other new features. With the update of the iOS, some of you may have doubt on how to record iOS 12 screen when playing games, making video chat with friends, or creating video tutorials. If that’s the case, you can rely on the following free yet practical ways to capture iOS 12 screen.
How to record iOS 12 screen
iOS 12 screen recording feature
As a successor of iOS 11, iOS 12 keeps the built-in screen recording feature. You can use it to record screen with audio without any hassle. Proceed to see how to trigger iOS 12 screen recording feature.
- Head to “Settings” > “Control Center” > “Customize Controls”, find “Screen Recording” feature and add it to the Control Center.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone screen to open Control Center; you’ll see the screen recorder button there.
- Slightly tap the recording button, and the recording will start after the countdown. Then you can begin to play iOS 12, and the screen activities will be captured.
Aside from the iOS 12 built-in recorder, here is another good app you can rely on to create screen recording in iOS 12, named ApowerREC. It is a cross-platform app that can be used on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. For the iOS version, it is totally free and has a good compatibility with the new iOS 12. Based on the iOS 12 built-in screen recording feature, this app also requires you to add the “Screen Recording” feature to the Control Center, but it has further functions than the original one. After recording, it allows you to add a camera and record your face, insert audio to the recorded file, and even share the video with others.
To use ApowerREC to record iOS 12 screen, just follow the steps below.
- Download and install ApowerREC on your iOS 12.
- Add the “Screen Recording” feature to the Control Center.
- Go to the Control Center, firmly press the recording button to trigger the screen recording. Choose “ApowerREC” from the list, and tap “Start Broadcast” to record your iOS 12 screen. Hit the microphone icon to turn on it if you need to record audio. Then you can do anything you want on your iOS 12, and everything on your screen will be recorded.
- To end the recording, you can tap the red bar on the top of your iOS 12 screen, and then hit “Stop” on the pop-up window. Once done, open ApowerREC app, and your recorded files will be there. You can add a camera and audio to the video, and crop it if you want to. You can also save it to a local folder or share it directly with your friends.
The two methods mentioned above are based on iOS instead of iPhones. No matter what iPhone version you are using, iPhone 7, 8, X, or even iPhone XR, XS, XS Max, you can utilize these two tools only if you are running iOS 12. They have the same performance in recording, but if you want to further edit the video, try ApowerREC, it will meet your needs.